My other free knitting pattern to share...!!I made this only once and write the pattern after i finished the piece, and I haven't recheck the pattern yet by knit it once more. So, if you find any error, please comment it below this post. :)
Needle : 7 mm SPN, cable needle
Yarn : any bulky yarn that suitable for the needle, prepare about 100gr. 3 fancy button
Gauge : 2 incs (5 cm) = 6 sts/8 rows
Abreviation : sts = stitches, CO = cast on, K = knit, P = purl, 1/1RC = 2 sts right cable, 3/3RC = 6 sts right cable, turn, BO = bind off, WS = wrong side, right cable = hold some sts in back of knitting with cable needle, knit some sts, then knit the sts in cable needle.
Preparation Rows =
- Cast On = 24 sts
- Row 1, 3 = K2, P1, K1, P1, K2, P2, K6, P2, K2, P1, K1, P1, K2
- Row 2, 4 = K3, P1, K1, P2, K2, P6, K2, P2, K1, P1, K3
- Row 5 = K2, P1, K1, P1, 1/1RC, P2, 3/3RC, P2, 1/1RC, P1, K1, P1, K2
- Row 1 (and all WS) = K3, P1, K1, P2, K2, P6, K2, P2, K1, P1, K3
- Row 2, 6 = K2, P1, K1, P1, K2, P2, K6, P2, K2, P1, K1, P1, K2
- Row 4 = K2, P1, K1, P1, 1/1RC, P2, K6, P2, 1/1RC, P1, K1, P1, K2
- Row 8 = K2, P1, K1, P1, 1/1RC, P2, 3/3RC, P2, 1/1RC, P1, K1, P1, K2
Repeat 8 rows above until neckwarmer reach 75 cm (30 inches) from the beginning of cast on.
Make 3 button holes in even (don't forget to fit them with your button, so you not make too big button holes).
Continue pattern for 5 cm more.
Extra Note :
How to make button hole in 1 row =
- BO for the size of button hole you want
- make CO in same stitches as BO, plus 1 st (example = you BO 4 sts, so you make CO 5 sts)
- do 2 sts together, continue pattern.
Just do double(or triple) YO paired with K2tog (and don't forget to treat it as single YO at next row) if you use smaller button.
--if you prefer Left cable than Right cable, just do LC instead of RC. :)
* * *
* feel free to comment, you may use this pattern for free, but please read the intellectual property at this blog. thank you :)