I only tested this pattern once - and it while i wrote it! So please inform me if you find any errata to add :)
This pattern is so simple, even it made me feel guilty to write it, because i wrote the introduction longer than the pattern itself.
Since the gauge measured in stst and we knit in fisherman's rib, i consider that the gauge i wrote not so important for the pattern. I think it will safer to adjust your gauge to the finished size.
Needle = 5.5 mm SPN
Yarn sugested = about 80 gr of any lightweight yarn that suitable for the needle. (chunky)
- i used JPS yarn from Poyeng -
Gauge = 10 cm = 15 sts/22 rows (in stst)
Finished size = (before folding) 8 inches x 14 inches
-baby up to 6 months old size after you fold it into a hat-
Fisherman's rib pattern=
Row 1 = [K1,P1] repeat
Row 2 = [K1, YO, Sl1] repeat
Row 3 = [(K2Tog on YO & slip st), YO, Sl1] repeat
Row 4 = Row 3
Repeat last row to end
note = Before you BO, do [(K2Tog on YO & slip st), P1] for 1 row
Picot edging =
[CO 3 sts with any simplest method you know, BO 9 sts, move remain 1 sts from Right Needle to Left Needle] repeat
- CO = 26 sts (If you want to change the cast on, do it in multiple of two)
- Do fisherman's rib pattern until 14 inches
- Fold the piece, seam both side.
- Pick up all stitch along the new hat edge, do picot edging loosely.
- Add big pom-pom at both top edging.
for the mitten, you can find the free knitting pattern at Spud&Chloe blog
I pick the pattern for the socks from Kristin Spurkland's book
* feel free to comment, you may use this pattern for free, but please read the intellectual property at this blog. thank you :)